Sunday, April 01, 2007
Oswald Chambers on Abandonment
As I continue to read through Oswald Chambers "My Utmost for His Highest," I find these random nuggets that truly speak to me. God does use many things in our lives to touch us with His love, and most often, when we least expect it.

On March 13th, the following really spoke to me:

"...but salvation means that the Spirit of God has brought me into touch with God's personality, and I am thrilled with something infinitely greater than myself, I am caught up into the abandonment of God.... Abandonment never produces the consciousness of its own effort, because the whole life is taken up with the One to Whom we abandon. Beware of talking about abandonment if you know nothing about it, and you will never know anything about it until you have realized that John 3:16 means that God gave Himself absolutely. In our abandonment we give ourselves over to God just as God gave Himself for us, without any calculation. The consequence of abandonment never enters into our outlook because our life is taken up with Him." The Abandonment of God, March 13th

One of the biggest things that I struggle with daily is complete abandonment to God. The times that I wake up in the morning and "abandon" myself to Him, I live my day in a peace and comfort because I know that the Lord is guiding me and in all that I do, I am pleasing Him. When I do not "abandon" myself body, spirit, strength, and mind to the Lord, I struggle to understand the complexities of all that occurs around me. I struggle, because I am trying to have some control and decision over a life that is no longer my own, but my Lord Jesus Christ's. The problem, I am not acting like I am His.

You may take your walk with Christ each and every day, yet still seem to struggle, asking yourself, "I thought I was a Christian and gave my life to the Lord. Why is this so hard?" The answer may surprise you. Have you really abandoned yourself to God as He abandoned Himself to you?

Labels: ,


 
  posted at 10:30 PM
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Good reminder.

BTW, I wanted to let you know I really like the design Susie did for your blog. Looks great!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger JD said...

Thanks. She does good work. We struggled with it, but it worked out. Nice, clean, and male. :)

PAX
JD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am JD
From Texas

My Complete Profile

Search


Read It
ENTER YOUR E-MAIL



Powered by


Latest Posts
  • Nashville Tour - That Band at The Place

  • Nashville Tour - Red Wings 2 Predators 1

  • Nashville Tour - CJ Vaughn and Highway 58

  • Any Words of Wisdom (living out the blog title)

  • Here We Go Again

  • Blog Update

  • More Deep Thoughts by Oswald Chambers

  • Deep Thoughts by Oswald Chambers

  • Kickin' It Old School

  • Lenten Reflection


  • Archives
  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • January 2008

  • March 2008

  • April 2008

  • May 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008


  • Blogs I Read
  • Angela Messenger
  • Gen-X Missional Wesleyan
  • Gloria Deo
  • Growing Vertical
  • The Ironic Catholic
  • Locusts and Honey
  • Loved Sinner
  • Mitch Lewis
  • Post-Methodist

  • Sites to Visit
  • BibleGateway.com
  • Blue Letter Bible
  • The Loft Worship
  • Lark News
  • My Utmost

  • Blogrolls
    Methodist Blogroll [-]

    Worth a Read

    Sinai 

Summit
    Sinai Summit
    by Rick Atchley

    Practice of 

Presence of God

    Practice of Presence of God
    by Brother Lawrence

    Mere Christianity

    Mere Christianity
    by C.S. Lewis

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    www.istockphoto.com

    Powered by:


    Meter: