Monday, March 05, 2007
Kickin' It Old School
I am not exactly sure why, but I have reverted to my CD collection from high school. In particular, I have been listening to Tourniquet a great deal. Tourniquet is Christian heavy metal. I know that sounds contradictory, but they really are.

I have always noticed, that in times of angst in my life. In times that my soul really hurt and longed for peace, I for some reason, turned to heavy metal music as a release. In college, when some girl broke my heart, a buddy of mine and I would get together at his house, bar-b-que, and listen to KMFDM as loud as we could. (this is a time when I really wasn't living my faith as fully as I could)

Tourniquet sooths my soul because they bring me back down to earth and help me examine what is really important in my life. What God called me to in scripture. The blessings I have if I would ALWAYS strive to follow. Believe it or not, it helps me get closer to God.

The following 2 clips speak to me right now. A great deal of people don't like the whole fire and brimstone reality of hell, but I find it speaks to me in a ways, at times, when the soothing, comforting knowledge that Christ dies to set us free does not. I am not sure why. I think, sometimes, that we all need this little kick in the pants.


Tourniquet - Metal for the Thinking Man

The Threshing Floor



You Get What You Pray For


Here is a taste of the lyrics (Click the Song Title for Link to complete Lyrics):

The Threshing Floor

There's only two roads
And none in between them
If you don't choose the Son
The choice you've made is against Him

Watch out! You're gonna lose
If you mess with your maker
Look out! You're gonna lose
If you mess with the snake
Beware you're gonna lose
If you think you can tip-toe in between

Your life is in danger!


You Get What You Pray For

You get what you pray for
And that's what it's there for
Ohh - that's what I need
You get what you pray for
And God knows what's best for you
Oh - Get on your knees
You say there's so many things that you need
You never get them cause they would deceive (you)
A man can't stumble when he's on his knees
So let us pray!

Labels: , ,


 
  posted at 10:00 AM
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am JD
From Texas

My Complete Profile

Search


Read It
ENTER YOUR E-MAIL



Powered by


Latest Posts
  • Lenten Reflection

  • My First Blogger Face to Face

  • This is Just Plain Cool

  • Paul's Authority and a Christian Blogger's Respons...

  • What Would Jesus Do? - Intermission

  • Baby Got Book

  • Tradition, Conformity, and Idolizing Religion

  • What Would Jesus Do? - Part I

  • Leeland Rocks!

  • The 12 Days of Christmas


  • Archives
  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • January 2008

  • March 2008

  • April 2008

  • May 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008


  • Blogs I Read
  • Angela Messenger
  • Gen-X Missional Wesleyan
  • Gloria Deo
  • Growing Vertical
  • The Ironic Catholic
  • Locusts and Honey
  • Loved Sinner
  • Mitch Lewis
  • Post-Methodist

  • Sites to Visit
  • BibleGateway.com
  • Blue Letter Bible
  • The Loft Worship
  • Lark News
  • My Utmost

  • Blogrolls
    Methodist Blogroll [-]

    Worth a Read

    Sinai 

Summit
    Sinai Summit
    by Rick Atchley

    Practice of 

Presence of God

    Practice of Presence of God
    by Brother Lawrence

    Mere Christianity

    Mere Christianity
    by C.S. Lewis

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    www.istockphoto.com

    Powered by:


    Meter: