Monday, March 26, 2007
Here We Go Again
It seems like every few months, for some odd reason, there is a debate on various Methoblogs regarding the Virgin Birth and Christ's Resurrection. The current debate that prompted this post is here. And for your viewing pleasure, here are a few more links from past debates (thanks John for hosting these discussions):

November 30, 2006

December 27, 2006

December 27, 2006


Don't get me wrong, I am all for a lively debate about my faith. I just cannot seem to fathom any Christian saying, "I am a Christian, but the whole Virgin Birth thing and the Resurrection, that may be some literary license." Uh, what? Anyway, I just wanted you guys to see some of the stuff that tends to be debated now and then (every few months).
...
.....
.......
Oh, and a couple more things, I figured that the first Seven Ecumenical Councils had done enough "beating of a dead horse" that we would not have to discuss it again. I also thought that the Methodist Confession of Faith and the Articles of Religion laid it out pretty succinctly too. I guess, for some, that may not be the case.

I love my Methodist faith, but sometimes the freedom of expression and ideas that allow us to reach so many around the world for Christ, drag us down into debates about basic tenets of the Christian faith that have pretty much been resolved.

All in all, I'm just askin', "Why are we debating these things again?"

Labels:


 
  posted at 2:11 PM
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 4:55 AM, Blogger John said...

I try not to be surprised about what is controversial, but I get caught flat-footed everytime with what I think are fully accepted presuppositions of the Christian faith.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger JD said...

I, as others, have just gotten tired of having to debate the simplest things about our faith with other Christians. I know the debates are not about our ultimate relationship with Christ, but to me, that relationship and the promise of salvation are dependent on Christ being human and divine and not being a human with divinity bestowed as well as Christ's ability to overcome death through the resurrection. Sometimes we debate only NT accounts while forgetting the OT prophets predicted the resurrection as well.

PAX
JD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am JD
From Texas

My Complete Profile

Search


Read It
ENTER YOUR E-MAIL



Powered by


Latest Posts
  • Blog Update

  • More Deep Thoughts by Oswald Chambers

  • Deep Thoughts by Oswald Chambers

  • Kickin' It Old School

  • Lenten Reflection

  • My First Blogger Face to Face

  • This is Just Plain Cool

  • Paul's Authority and a Christian Blogger's Respons...

  • What Would Jesus Do? - Intermission

  • Baby Got Book


  • Archives
  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • January 2008

  • March 2008

  • April 2008

  • May 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008


  • Blogs I Read
  • Angela Messenger
  • Gen-X Missional Wesleyan
  • Gloria Deo
  • Growing Vertical
  • The Ironic Catholic
  • Locusts and Honey
  • Loved Sinner
  • Mitch Lewis
  • Post-Methodist

  • Sites to Visit
  • BibleGateway.com
  • Blue Letter Bible
  • The Loft Worship
  • Lark News
  • My Utmost

  • Blogrolls
    Methodist Blogroll [-]

    Worth a Read

    Sinai 

Summit
    Sinai Summit
    by Rick Atchley

    Practice of 

Presence of God

    Practice of Presence of God
    by Brother Lawrence

    Mere Christianity

    Mere Christianity
    by C.S. Lewis

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    www.istockphoto.com

    Powered by:


    Meter: