Sunday, April 08, 2007
HE IS STILL RISEN!
As we celebrate Easter, the anniversary of our Lord Jesus Christ's triumph over death, I want to share my favorite account of the Resurrection.

"Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.


But the angel answered and said to the women, 'Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.'

So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring His disciples word. And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, 'Rejoice!' So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him. Then Jesus said to them, 'Do not be afraid. Go and tell My brethren to go to Galilee, and there they will see Me.'
...

Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted. And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.' Amen." Matthew 28:1-10,16-20 (NKJV)


As I read this account yet again, and review the Great Commission, I pray the following:

"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You." Psalm 51:10-13 (NKJV)


As we go forth from this Lenten season into the Easter season full of the life of Christ, I pray that we all have the strength to preach the Gospel and show others the way of Christ. When we are confronted by Satan, as we will be, and feel unworthy to share our stories, Christ's love, and the Gospel, let us remember always the words a wise man once told me:
"I know that I may not be perfect, but I serve a PERFECT Savior."
(Picture courtesy of The Christian Coptic Orthodox Church of Egypt website.)

Labels:


 
  posted at 10:49 AM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A happy and blessed Easter to you and your family JD!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger JD said...

You too and I hope you are feeling better today. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Easter Vigil!

PAX
JD

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Art said...

Hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger JD said...

Thanks, Art! I hope you had a wonderful Easter as well.

PAX
JD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am JD
From Texas

My Complete Profile

Search


Read It
ENTER YOUR E-MAIL



Powered by


Latest Posts
  • If Only I'd Known

  • Oswald Chambers on Abandonment

  • Nashville Tour - That Band at The Place

  • Nashville Tour - Red Wings 2 Predators 1

  • Nashville Tour - CJ Vaughn and Highway 58

  • Any Words of Wisdom (living out the blog title)

  • Here We Go Again

  • Blog Update

  • More Deep Thoughts by Oswald Chambers

  • Deep Thoughts by Oswald Chambers


  • Archives
  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • January 2008

  • March 2008

  • April 2008

  • May 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008


  • Blogs I Read
  • Angela Messenger
  • Gen-X Missional Wesleyan
  • Gloria Deo
  • Growing Vertical
  • The Ironic Catholic
  • Locusts and Honey
  • Loved Sinner
  • Mitch Lewis
  • Post-Methodist

  • Sites to Visit
  • BibleGateway.com
  • Blue Letter Bible
  • The Loft Worship
  • Lark News
  • My Utmost

  • Blogrolls
    Methodist Blogroll [-]

    Worth a Read

    Sinai 

Summit
    Sinai Summit
    by Rick Atchley

    Practice of 

Presence of God

    Practice of Presence of God
    by Brother Lawrence

    Mere Christianity

    Mere Christianity
    by C.S. Lewis

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    www.istockphoto.com

    Powered by:


    Meter: