Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Stained Glass Beauty
Now some people really don't care about the aesthetics of a church and the history behind buildings and communities, but I do. While visiting family in Louisiana during the Labor Day Holiday, my wife, daughter, and I attended a small community church in Houma, LA. They were in the process of a HUGE renovation (see pictures here). The one thing that we both fell in love with were the stained glass window designs that had not yet been added. They were absolutely gorgeous and I have never seen stained glass that looked like these designs in any church. I just wanted to share their beauty with you. They were designed my a local artist from Baton Rouge, LA. I really wish I knew his name. I would love to see some of his other designs. I hope to be able to share photos once they are in the building.

ENJOY!

The Old Testament Windows: Genisis 1:5, Exodus, The Law, Promise Land.

Click the photo to enlarge

The New Testament Windows: The Nativity, The Storm, Grace, the 6th Day.

Click the photo to enlarge


 
  posted at 2:18 PM
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jason Woolever said...

stained glass is cool. great pix. by the way, the website looks great.

i miss the talking head though!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger JD said...

Thanks, but you lost me with the "talking head."

Growing up Catholic, I really did like to look at the stained glass windows in the churches that I attended. These are, by far, the most interesting. I did not notice the things like Jesus and the Boat in "the Storm" until I posted them. Really nice stuff.

PAX
JD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am JD
From Texas

My Complete Profile

Search


Read It
ENTER YOUR E-MAIL



Powered by


Latest Posts
  • Quickie Update

  • Joyce Meyer's Trip to Houston - October 5 -6, 2006

  • Be Consistent, B-E Consistent, B-E-C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E...

  • Spiritual Discipline II: Read the Bible Daily

  • Go See "Facing the Giants"

  • Spiritual Disciplines II is Coming

  • Hiatus

  • Financial Peace University

  • Spiritual Discipline I: Participate in Church

  • Introduction: 6 Spiritual Disciplines


  • Archives
  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • January 2008

  • March 2008

  • April 2008

  • May 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008


  • Blogs I Read
  • Angela Messenger
  • Gen-X Missional Wesleyan
  • Gloria Deo
  • Growing Vertical
  • The Ironic Catholic
  • Locusts and Honey
  • Loved Sinner
  • Mitch Lewis
  • Post-Methodist

  • Sites to Visit
  • BibleGateway.com
  • Blue Letter Bible
  • The Loft Worship
  • Lark News
  • My Utmost

  • Blogrolls
    Methodist Blogroll [-]

    Worth a Read

    Sinai 

Summit
    Sinai Summit
    by Rick Atchley

    Practice of 

Presence of God

    Practice of Presence of God
    by Brother Lawrence

    Mere Christianity

    Mere Christianity
    by C.S. Lewis

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    www.istockphoto.com

    Powered by:


    Meter: