Thursday, October 12, 2006
Joyce Meyer's Trip to Houston - October 5 -6, 2006
Originally written 10/07/2006

Last night I went to Lakewood Church to see Joyce Meyer with my wife, one of her friends, and my daughter. Every time that I listen to Joyce, I realize how much the Lord is using her to spread His Good News. Every time I hear her story and the struggles that she overcame with the help of the Lord, I realize how much the Lord is using her to heal. Every time my wife listens to one of her sermons, she realizes how much her lessons speak to her.

Last night Joyce stressed the need to "Get out of the Boat." She called us all to trust in God. It seems that most of the people's Blogs that I currently read talk about that as well. She asked a poignant question, "Who here trusts the Lord so much, is so confident in their relationship with Christ, that they can drop everything that they have or think they need, and let God completely guide them?" You know what, in a crowd of almost 10,000 people, I could probably count how many people raised their hands on my own fingers. What does that tell us about ourselves as Christians? What did that say about me?

Meditate on Proverbs 3:5-6.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (NKJV)
I will challenge myself, as well as all Christians, to truly live this verse. Imagine where your life will go. Imagine the things that you can accomplish. Imagine trust and faith that allows you to walk on water (Matthew 14:22-33). Imagine that you could move mountains (Matthew 17:14-20). Imagine eternity with Him who is Lord. All this by having faith "as small as a mustard seed."

Prayer

Loving Father, You give us so many chances to come to You. You look for faith and trust and promise life eternal. Lord Jesus, help me to have faith that allows me to be the one that can raise my hand, drop it all, and follow You. I know there is a great fear in my heart because I cling to things of this world and I do not trust you as I should. Lord Jesus, please continue to speak to me and allow me to know your will in my life and have the faith to accept it. I ask this in Your loving name. Amen.

 
  posted at 12:12 AM
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Jason Woolever said...

i love joyce meyer's. i've never seen her live but would love to someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am JD
From Texas

My Complete Profile

Search


Read It
ENTER YOUR E-MAIL



Powered by


Latest Posts
  • Be Consistent, B-E Consistent, B-E-C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E...

  • Spiritual Discipline II: Read the Bible Daily

  • Go See "Facing the Giants"

  • Spiritual Disciplines II is Coming

  • Hiatus

  • Financial Peace University

  • Spiritual Discipline I: Participate in Church

  • Introduction: 6 Spiritual Disciplines

  • Christian Conversations

  • Conversation meme


  • Archives
  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • January 2008

  • March 2008

  • April 2008

  • May 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008


  • Blogs I Read
  • Angela Messenger
  • Gen-X Missional Wesleyan
  • Gloria Deo
  • Growing Vertical
  • The Ironic Catholic
  • Locusts and Honey
  • Loved Sinner
  • Mitch Lewis
  • Post-Methodist

  • Sites to Visit
  • BibleGateway.com
  • Blue Letter Bible
  • The Loft Worship
  • Lark News
  • My Utmost

  • Blogrolls
    Methodist Blogroll [-]

    Worth a Read

    Sinai 

Summit
    Sinai Summit
    by Rick Atchley

    Practice of 

Presence of God

    Practice of Presence of God
    by Brother Lawrence

    Mere Christianity

    Mere Christianity
    by C.S. Lewis

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    www.istockphoto.com

    Powered by:


    Meter: