Friday, October 20, 2006
Faithfulness is Relative...and Maybe Your Neighbor
While walking back from lunch the other day, I had a conversation with a gentleman who has known a member of my Financial Peace University (FPU) class for about 15 years. We both came to the realization that this is a very special person. Despite all this person has been through. Despite all the illness and misfortune and struggles, this person praises God with their every breathe. This person evangelizes about God's saving grace, redeeming power, and everlasting presence that allows this person to continue to carry on. This person speaks of both miraculous achievements and heartbreaking defeats, but praises God equally for both. I am not sure that I have ever met a person that is so full of Christ's fire, but you wouldn't believe it when you first met this person.

I make these comments because this individual makes me think, seriously think, about all the blessings that I have: good health, a good job, a good church, a wonderful family. With all this there are times I take it all for granted. During these times I slip, hear God's voice less, and begin to lose a little hope. I know that it is Satan, lying to me, trying to pull my from what Christ has called me to do with my life, but it happens, none the less.

I challenge us to take stock of the blessings that we have and hold true to our calling as servants of God. Stop all the grumbling, the bickering about religion, and come forth and be the unified Church that Christ calls us to be. Don't be afraid to step out and ask someone if you could pray for them, because Christ said in Mark 13:11-12:

"And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit." (NIV)

Set that example yourself and maybe your example will start a grassroots growth in the Christian Church to let the world truly know what Jesus prayed to His Father for in John 17:20-23:

"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." (NKJV)

Note: I know that I am on the Christian Church Unity thing again, but I truly believe, if we get past the religion and the "manliness" of it all, we can be true to Christ's call for unity.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me aways to see your belssings and not be ungrateful. Help me to step out of my shell and let others see that I am your child. Let me "preach the Gospel, and use words if I have to," because Lord, with all my heart and all my desire, I pray that we are one again some day and that my friend's special presence can be a light to everyone he/she comes in contact with. I thank you for my friend's prescence and mirror to my life, allowing me to see what I can do for You that I may not be doing already. I raise this prayer in Your Holy Name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

 
  posted at 12:29 AM
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Jason Woolever said...

this is a good post bro.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger JD said...

Thanks. That means alot to me.

PX
JD

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jason Woolever said...

no problem. it was good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am JD
From Texas

My Complete Profile

Search


Read It
ENTER YOUR E-MAIL



Powered by


Latest Posts
  • Stained Glass Beauty

  • Quickie Update

  • Joyce Meyer's Trip to Houston - October 5 -6, 2006

  • Be Consistent, B-E Consistent, B-E-C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E...

  • Spiritual Discipline II: Read the Bible Daily

  • Go See "Facing the Giants"

  • Spiritual Disciplines II is Coming

  • Hiatus

  • Financial Peace University

  • Spiritual Discipline I: Participate in Church


  • Archives
  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • January 2008

  • March 2008

  • April 2008

  • May 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008


  • Blogs I Read
  • Angela Messenger
  • Gen-X Missional Wesleyan
  • Gloria Deo
  • Growing Vertical
  • The Ironic Catholic
  • Locusts and Honey
  • Loved Sinner
  • Mitch Lewis
  • Post-Methodist

  • Sites to Visit
  • BibleGateway.com
  • Blue Letter Bible
  • The Loft Worship
  • Lark News
  • My Utmost

  • Blogrolls
    Methodist Blogroll [-]

    Worth a Read

    Sinai 

Summit
    Sinai Summit
    by Rick Atchley

    Practice of 

Presence of God

    Practice of Presence of God
    by Brother Lawrence

    Mere Christianity

    Mere Christianity
    by C.S. Lewis

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    www.istockphoto.com

    Powered by:


    Meter: