Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Leeland Rocks!

This post is a little different. I wanted to review the current album of a local Christian Band that has begun to make it big in the Christian Music world.

I had only heard one of their songs and it is was by happenstance at that. KSBJ, the local Christian radio station here in Houston, was having their brown bag music session and Leeland was the musical guest. The event was rained out, but Leeland still did couple of songs that were later available on KSBJ's website. I figured, what the hey, I would take a listen. Needless to say, I was very pleasantly surprised.

With the harmonies reminiscent of Jellyfish and the vocal prowess of Remy Zero's Cinjun Tate, Leeland powerfully proclaims the glory of Jesus Christ and the wonderful gift of salvation. With lyrics like:

"With Your love You set me free
Three nails gave me liberty
So I'll sing Your praise My God, I'll sing Your praise
Oh, with Your love You forgave my sin
Forgot my past And brought me back again
So I'll sing Your praise I'll sing Your praise, yeah"
(Yes You Have)


and:

"You can lift your eyes
Come on to the cross
There is healing for all who come
You can look at the stars and make no sense of it
(Staring at the sky)
You can search your soul and find no light
Until you look in the Savior's eyes
And then you finally realize
The saving sacrifice is love divine"
(Lift Your Eyes)


Leeland drives home the point that focus on Jesus Christ allows healing and redemption and calls the soul to praise the Lord in all that we do.

Leeland is the first alternative Christian band (recently nominated for a BEST POP/CONTEMPORARY GOSPEL ALBUM CATEGORY FOR SOUND OF MELODIES Grammy) that I have listened to in a long time. I listen mostly to Contemporary Christian music, mellowing a little in my old age, but Leeland has touched a note in my heart and encourages me to sing along to every song on their album. I told my wife that the one thing that I really want for my birthday is tickets to the next Leeland concert here in Houston. Not a big request, but it will be an enormous experience.

Check out some clips of their music at their website. If you like the comforting melodies and powerful vocals that drove a great deal of alternative music in the 1990's, and deeply spiritual and encouraging lyrics, you will probably like Leeland.

 
  posted at 8:13 AM
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am JD
From Texas

My Complete Profile

Search


Read It
ENTER YOUR E-MAIL



Powered by


Latest Posts
  • The 12 Days of Christmas

  • Out of Touch

  • Solstice Barn

  • "AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE LIGHT, THE DARKNESS BECOM...

  • Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart!

  • Sunday Contemporary Service "Postponed"

  • "Spiritual Formation"

  • Have You Really Surrendered It All to Christ?

  • Time for a Little Silliness

  • Spiritual Discipline III: Assume Responsibility fo...


  • Archives
  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • January 2008

  • March 2008

  • April 2008

  • May 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008


  • Blogs I Read
  • Angela Messenger
  • Gen-X Missional Wesleyan
  • Gloria Deo
  • Growing Vertical
  • The Ironic Catholic
  • Locusts and Honey
  • Loved Sinner
  • Mitch Lewis
  • Post-Methodist

  • Sites to Visit
  • BibleGateway.com
  • Blue Letter Bible
  • The Loft Worship
  • Lark News
  • My Utmost

  • Blogrolls
    Methodist Blogroll [-]

    Worth a Read

    Sinai 

Summit
    Sinai Summit
    by Rick Atchley

    Practice of 

Presence of God

    Practice of Presence of God
    by Brother Lawrence

    Mere Christianity

    Mere Christianity
    by C.S. Lewis

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    www.istockphoto.com

    Powered by:


    Meter: