Monday, May 05, 2008
"Though it tarry, wait for it." Habakkuk 2:3
"For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry." Habakkuk 2:3 (NKJV)
I open this post this way for 3 reasons:

1.) I recently read a daily devotion from Oswald Chambers regarding this topic (excerpts at end of post.)

2.) I have been so busy with everything at work and home that I have not had time to update "A's" status, yet you have had patience.

3.) "A" continues to have patience in this whole process, more than I have ever seen in any man I know. While going through this all, he knows it is God's time. God's plan. He doesn't rush it. Doesn't push it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of weeks ago, I learned that the tumor removed from "A's" brain was stage 3 cancer. He told me that there are 4 stages: 1 or 2 are almost never identified before reaching stage 3 and that stage 4 is terminal. With that, the doctor was going to move toward aggressive chemo and radiation treatment and his prognosis is good, considering his age and health.

The good news, he was able to stop by the office last week and visit. Everyone has been so supportive and was excited to see him up and about. He has also been successful during his occupational therapy. He continues to gain more movement in his left hand every day. Here is an update in his own words. When he talks about every one's prayers, he is talking about you guys, the readers, as well.
"We continue to be overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and prayers that have been put forth on my (our) behalf. We are so blessed!!! I am just now getting a hint what the following scripture means as a result of all your prayers, cards, well wishes and prayers.

'Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.' Romans 13:7-8

Updated information:
The majority of the past week has been spent navigating through MD Anderson’s admission process and occupational therapy on my left hand.

MD Anderson update first. I have been scheduled for another MRI tomorrow May 5 and we have been working to get previous films and reports and tumor samples gathered and in MD Anderson’s hands for our consultation visit Tuesday May 6. In short we are stepping through the process and hopefully soon we will know the timing of chemo and radiation or whatever other treatments they recommend.

Occupational therapy has done wonders on what I can do with my left hand. Although I despise little pegs and pegboards, I can now manipulate them around and put the two together. Don’t ask for patience, this might be a very cruel answer. My hand is getting stronger and is getting more normal in its abilities, for that I am very thankful and thankful for the therapy.

I am doing well, but probably overextend myself daily. I find that around 3:30-4:00 I require 2-3 hours of rest, but continue to try to convince "D" that daily I am rebuilding stamina.

My spirits are continually raised high just simply in the way you all have just shared in this with us. Thank you all. I truly did not appreciate how many friends I have in my corner. But it has been evident in how we have been blessed and the prayer coverage you have provided. I cannot thank you enough."
Please continue your prayers and remember, even though he may not know you personally, he appreciates every prayer that you have lifted and every thought that you have had.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Patience is not indifference; patience conveys the idea of an immensely strong rock withstanding all onslaughts. The vision of God is the source of patience, because it imparts a moral inspiration. Moses endured, not because he had an ideal of right and duty, but because he had a vision of God. He 'endured, as seeing Him Who is invisible.' A man with the vision of God is not devoted to a cause or to any particular issue; he is devoted to God Himself. You always know when the vision is of God because of the inspiration that comes with it; things come with largeness and tonic to the life because everything is energized by God. If God gives you a time spiritually, as He gave His Son actually, of temptation in the wilderness, with no word from Himself at all, endure, and the power to endure is there because you see God." Oswald Chambers - "THE PASSION OF PATIENCE," May 2nd Devotion

Labels:


 
  posted at 1:35 PM
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am JD
From Texas

My Complete Profile

Search


Read It
ENTER YOUR E-MAIL



Powered by


Latest Posts
  • A Special Visit

  • My God is an Awesome God!

  • God Is Good!

  • Please Pray for Healing

  • HE IS RISEN!!

  • Easter Triduum Here We Come

  • All You Can Eat Buffet? Oh Really.....

  • Things Have Been a Little Noisy, Time to Get Some ...

  • Difficult Decisions in a Small Congregation

  • While Planning Ahead to 2008, Don't Forget the Past


  • Archives
  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • January 2008

  • March 2008

  • April 2008

  • May 2008

  • November 2008

  • December 2008


  • Blogs I Read
  • Angela Messenger
  • Gen-X Missional Wesleyan
  • Gloria Deo
  • Growing Vertical
  • The Ironic Catholic
  • Locusts and Honey
  • Loved Sinner
  • Mitch Lewis
  • Post-Methodist

  • Sites to Visit
  • BibleGateway.com
  • Blue Letter Bible
  • The Loft Worship
  • Lark News
  • My Utmost

  • Blogrolls
    Methodist Blogroll [-]

    Worth a Read

    Sinai 

Summit
    Sinai Summit
    by Rick Atchley

    Practice of 

Presence of God

    Practice of Presence of God
    by Brother Lawrence

    Mere Christianity

    Mere Christianity
    by C.S. Lewis

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    www.istockphoto.com

    Powered by:


    Meter: